Thinking of having your child christened?
Baptism is a very special event in our Christian life. It is about believing in Christ, belong to the family of God and making a new beginning in the life of faith. Baptism is also known as Christening. At. St. Edmund's, we welcome everybody into our church family and we are delighted that you are thinking of having your child baptised here.
We can talk you through all this in detail at an individual meeting. Please contact us if you would like to know more or have any additional questions to ask (with no commitment). We look forward to meeting you and your family. We hope that, together, we will be able to make your child's baptism a special and memorable day.
You might also like to come along to one of our informal, child-friendly events:
Celebrate!, Third Sunday each month, at 10am.
Wanting to get Married?
Then Answering YES to any of the following Qualifying Connections satisfies Legislation introduced in October 2008. Making it possible for you to marry in a church with which you have had links in the past either personally or through your parents or grandparents
Any of the following constitutes a ‘Qualifying Connection’s
• One of you was baptised in the parish
• One of you was prepared for confirmation in the parish and the confirmation has been entered in a church register book belonging to the parish.
• One of you has at any time had your usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months
• One of you has at any time habitually attended public worship in the parish for at least 6 months
Or that during your life time the parents of one of you have
• had their usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months
• habitually attended public worship in the parish for at least 6 months
Or that the parents or grandparents of one of you was married in the parish
If you think you have a ‘Qualifying Connection’ please contact the Rector to verify it.
You will be asked to demonstrate the connection by, for example, providing birth and baptism certificates or documents proving a previous period of residence.
The Rector will explain what this entails.
For more information please contact the Rector, Rev’d Sarah Edmonds on tel. 01608 661210 or email : firstname.lastname@example.org