This delightful church, the invocation of which is unknown, is a small one, with a chancel, nave, west tower and south porch.
The building dates from about the year 1200, and was then probably of the same size and plan as at present except that the chancel may have been shorter. This was rebuilt at the beginning of the 16th century and restored in the 19th century. The nave windows have all been restored with modern stonework and the early 13th-century tower has been repaired. The south doorway is early 13th-century work but the south and north entrances are modern. There are four bells, dating from the 16th and 17th centuries. The Sanctus bell probably dates from the reign of Elizabeth Ist. Recognising the church’s historical and architectural Grade II Listed value, English Heritage has given generous grants, which, with equally generous donations from local people, have enabled the roof to be replaced this summer. The next task will be to rehang the bells, which currently reside in the foundry.
With its character, rural setting and warm cream limestone interior, the Church is building a reputation for weddings and funerals as well as for its regular services.
The graveyard is in operation and has newly restored Grade II Listed 17th century chest tombs as well as recent graves. The church is always open.